I don't care about anything at all anymore, my family, appearance, house, yard, animals ... NOTHING. I feel NOTHING ! I can't sleep very well if at all. I constantly feel sick to my stomach. I shake and cry all of the time and now I wake up, when I can sleep, feeling dizzy, sick, sweating and shaking like I had a nightmare but I didn't.
Yes, my life is bad but I could always handle it before. So, what has changed so much that I can't function anymore? Am I just lazy, losing my mind or what? I have had thoughts of suicide lately and it is harder and harder to think of reasons why I shouldn't do it and just let this life of hell be over. No one would even care.
I know that people that have a caring family can't understand this. They assume that EVERYONE MUST HAVE SOMEONE THAT CARES ABOUT THEM... but it isn't true because I have no one at all .
After 33yrs of marriage and devoting my life to my children, I have no one that cares ... my husband is so wrapped up into the hook up sites that he barely acknowledges my existence and the kids, now grown up, blame me for everything that has gone wrong in their life . I stayed at home and did everything with and for my children and husband . It just hurts too much to continue writing this .
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.