Since 2011 I feel like I am falling into a black hole. I have gone through every problem and crisis that I can think of from my father's sudden death followed by four more deaths in the family to physical, mental, family and financial crises, all of which pushed me to a breaking point.
Fuel was added to the fire my boss. She knew I was going through all sorts of problems and I still managed to complete job duties. She threatened to fire me when I took five days off due to my father's death.
I badly need the money and therefore and in spite of tremendous pressure from the office, I am still clinging to the job. All of these problems together are taking a toll on my mental peace. I even thought about committing suicide and only because of my daughter I couldn't do it.
I count my blessings every morning and think about those who are worse of physically and financially than I am. But nothing can lift my mood. I am constantly upset. I don't enjoy anything anymore. My daughter was the brightest point in my life and recently she started demanding more of my time. She clearly expresses that she wants more of my company. I am completely confused and depressed. Am I becoming mentally sick??
Kindly help me out.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.